In the short term recognize that the immediate question of NTIA and ICANN is not about US versus foreign influence but rather about whether ICANN will be subject to effective oversight or be accountable to anyone. ICANN has not demonstrated that it is willing to make itself accountable. One way or the other ICANN ought to be subject to oversight – and that oversight ought to be more real and substantive than it has been

Thanks for this.

Regards

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Joly MacFie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Via Dave Farber. Bears reading :|

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Karl Auerbach <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: A letter I sent to several US Congress Critters about ICANN and NTIA...
Date: April 23, 2014 at 12:39:48 PM EDT
To: David Farber <[log in to unmask]>

Here's a pointer for the letter that I sent to several US Congress
critters regarding ICANN and NTIA.

The gist is that if one has a hungry bear on a leash that it is a good
idea to attach a new leash before untying the old one.

http://cavebear.com/docs/ntia-icann-2014-others.pdf

        —karl—

<snip>
Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
-

Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti