You go Milton!

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:09:15 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Selection of NCSG representative/connector on IANA Transition coordination group.
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello, all

I appreciate the nomination, and accept it. The IANA transition is something I have been writing and thinking about since 2002, and the time for action is now. I am prepared for it.

I think most people understand that the actual decision is made by the NCSG Policy Committee, not through acclamation on the discuss list! Other than Maria as Chair, I am not even sure who is on the PC, so the voting outcome is still undetermined, as far as I know. So I hope Sam is not withdrawing for that reason. It is a dilemma; we want people to be able to express their support for someone, but as I’ve said before sometimes these expressions intimidate others from stepping forward for a competitive vote. I would encourage Sam’s supporters to express their support, too, and as Avri suggested to provide reasons for voting one way or another rather than basing a decision on constituency affiliation or other non-substantive criteria.

An equally  important part of the IANA transition process is the enhanced accountability process, we will need people for that too. So there is plenty of space for participation. As a former ATRT member Avri has indicated that she does not intend to go into that. As a WG, it is also likely (though I am not sure) that we can have more than one person in that process.

Thanks,

--MM