It think it makes sense to mainstream at least one of our privacy related
concerns at the meeting with the board. If nothing else, it serves as a
political re-statement of our decision to mainstream this topic.
MarĂ­lia

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 11:16 PM, Rafik Dammak <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi Kathy,
>
> Thank you very much, adding your suggestion to the list of proposals.
>
> Rafik

> Hi Rafik,
>>
>> I think we should talk with them about why the Trademark Clearinghouse is
>> accepting "design marks" when it is only allowed to accept "word marks" as
>> part of the Intellectual Property trademark registration process. I would
>> also like to know why ICANN has spent time and money galore advertising the
>> "rights protection mechanisms" of the New gTLDs but has not spent a second
>> or a cent explaining what a URS action is, and how a Registrant can respond
>> to a URS notice.
>>
>> We spent a lot of time putting fairness and balance into the URS, but if
>> no one teaches what it is or the broad defenses that exist, it is as if the
>> balance we worked so hard for does not exist. Registrants around the world
>> are left unprotected.
>>
>> Tx,
>> Kathy:
>>
>>  Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> as usual we will have 1 hour meeting with the board and they need topics
>>> we want to discuss in advance.
>>> can you please share what you think we should discuss with them. then we
>>> will make a short topics list.
>>> please write a brief introduction of the topic.
>>>
>>> as starter I think we can have:
>>> 1/ IANA stewardship transition process
>>> 2/ ICANN accountability process
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Rafik
>>>

>> ---
>> protection is active.

*MarĂ­lia Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio
Researcher and Coordinator - Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law
School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en