sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 26 Jul 2014 11:33, "Milton L Mueller" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>*
> >
> >  * ICG timeline is still tentative and will need to be further
> >    discussed and considered by ICG - issues such as public comment and
> >    consultation has not been factored in
>
> Not true. Public comment has been factored in to the final proposal (see the draft charter) and consultation should be going on from day one.

I think both of you are right by 50% at per; yes there is a mention on how the consultation will run but there is no clear timeline stated neither is their clear process to engaging the public (non-component interests). For instance, I hope you agree that the draft charter is indeed not final and still in discussion, what's the timeline and channel of communication to getting a final charter?

> >    competing proposals according to charter
> >  * Draft timeline does not allow for resolution of possible issues or
> >    testing, incl. no transition window
>
> Draft timeline explicitly mentions testing.

Maybe not testing for me, but timeline does not explicitly indicate the need to have phases of public comments. In summary it says:
- proposals received from the 3 components compiled to form single document
- single document published for public comment
- ICG produce final and submits

There is a phase missing between final and submission; ICG should produce draft2 so it can be observed if it indeed reflects/address the concern of the wider community.

Regards