Thanks so much for pushing this Bill. Your efforts at trying to open things
up are greatly appreciated.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 09:34:21 +0200
Subject: Re: ICANN Community Issues Unprecedented Letter Questioning ICANN's
Proposed Accountability Process

Hi Adam

On Aug 29, 2014, at 6:54 AM, Adam <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Anyone have a link to the SO/AC leadership mail archive?
I have suggested on the list that it should be publicly archived and got no
response.

Bill

From: William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date: August 8, 2014 at 9:56:44 AM GMT+2
To: Robert Hoggarth <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Rob

Thanks for your swift reply.  Yes, things can get lost to the shifting sands
of ICANN history….

My personal view would be that there’s no reason for the list to not be
publicly archived.  For us, it would allow searching back to previous
messages/threads when desired to reconstruct not only the background of
current discussions and decisions, but also to see what previous groups of
chairs may have done that could be relevant.  I use list archives in these
manners all the time, and find the lack of that option here a bit
frustrating.  And for the community, it would provide transparency and
accountability, always good things that we advocate elsewhere.  In the event
there is a particular decision that is really sensitive and needs to be
worked out privately before something comes to the list, constructing a Cc
like this works fine.

When I was on the GNSO Council I pushed for opening up our meetings via
webcast and Adobe and the result has hardly been a massive number of
observers or disruptions.  But for those addictive personalities who want to
know what their elected reps are up to, it has been a good thing. I would
expect the same would apply here.

Would indeed be good to hear from others.

Bill