I agree, designating a volunteer who is responsible for the process for various exercises is a great idea.  The Chair has a ton of processes to manage, and the PC structure and procedures seems to me (as a member) could use a little brainstorming.
Kind regards.
Stephanie
On 2014-08-30, 8:16, Sam Lanfranco wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> We can consider this a well-intended judgement call on the part of the Chair, but it did compromised the integrity of process within NCSG. I can understand the pressure of the time deadline and there is little to gain from being harsh here, but we should learn from this episode.

Again, the main lesson here should be that in the heat of the preliminary discussions NCSG should designate someone (a volunteer) to act as the drafting person to formulate possible text in case NCSG decides to make a submission, and to maintain communication links with other constituencies for collaborative action.  That would have been easy to do in this instance.

Sam L.