This statement looks perfect for its purpose. I hope you get the needed support here to move forward quickly

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of William Drake
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 4:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NCSG-Discuss] Fairly Urgent: Possible Joint Statement on Accountability

Hi

Further to the discussion about staff's proposed accountability mechanism, SG/constituency chairs have been discussing a possible joint statement. As agreeing on details regarding specific concerns might take some cycles and Fadi's asked us to move quickly into alignment, Tony Holmes of the ISPCP has circulated this place holder for collective endorsement and rapid transmission.  Would people be amenable to NCSG signing onto this for now, with more to come?  Bill

During ICANN meeting 50 the entire GNSO community came together to make a statement calling for the Board to support community creation of an independent accountability mechanism. That action clearly indicates the importance of this issue to the community and its constituent groups. Since then we have closely followed this issue and are now considering ICANN's proposal for managing the accountability process. However at this stage it would be both prudent and timely to advise you that currently there is no alignment within the GNSO community on the proposed approach or process proposed by ICANN. Discussions are on-going and it is our intention to offer a more detailed statement of our concerns as early as possible next week.

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org<http://www.ncuc.org>
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (direct), [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (lists),
  www.williamdrake.org<http://www.williamdrake.org>