Just a general rhetorical point I'd like to make when we speak about ICANN "staff's proposed" whatever. Y'all feel free to ignore this.

Seems to me that many things "staff proposed" are very political indeed and that often times we find ourselves opposing it on both substance and process.

The expression "staff proposed ..." carries a process meaning that is perhaps not stressed to the extent that it could/should: it seems to me that using the term "staff proposed" is not quite carrying enough of the democratic liability that it sometimes has, and that we are missing a communications opportunity.

I think we should rather say something along the lines of :

The NCSG appreciates this opportunity to provide feedback regarding the non-stakeholders led proposal for “Enhancing Accountability” at ICANN.

Or

The NCSG appreciates this opportunity to provide feedback regarding the top down proposal for “Enhancing Accountability” at ICANN.

or

The NCSG appreciates this opportunity to provide feedback regarding the in-house non-stakeholders led proposal for “Enhancing Accountability” at ICANN.

also a possibility would be to vary the syntax, e.g.:

The NCSG appreciates this opportunity to provide feedback regarding the
proposed plan for “Enhancing Accountability” at ICANN, a [top down] proposal developed outside the multistakeholder political model.

You see my point I'm sure. To reiterate, it just seems to me that saying "Icann staff's" plan or proposal is not conferring the policy-process "discredit" or "liability" that it perhaps could/should.

Now I surmise (without knowing for sure) that their are instances where staff-led proposals are write ups that are derived from multistakeholder bottom-up policy making process and inputs. These should perhaps be addressed differently to reflect this.

Nicolas