On 13 Aug 2014, at 1:24 pm, Edward Morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
One request: each of us has four votes. Please cast your first vote for David Cake. As Vice Chair, David is positioned to do more for the noncommercial community than anyone else. We need him on Council.  So, please, first vote for David and then take a look at the rest of us and vote as your heart and head suggests.
I thank Ed for saying this, but I feel I should point out that there is no guarantee that I will remain in the Vice-Chair position, which will depend on our colleagues in the CSG. If re-elected I will of course continue to work for privacy and human rights and representation of civil society as a councillor, but also continue to build on the opportunities the vice-chair position gave me to work on improving the GNSO Councils work as a whole, and on building bridges between the various stakeholder groups and constituencies in the council, vital if we are to keep the multi-stakeholder model strong and defend it against attacks on its policy role by the GAC and international critics. But I certainly can't guarantee that I will be doing so as Vice-Chair.

David