Hello Rafik,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Rafik Dammak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Seun,

if you check the NCSG committees such as the  executive and policy committees , they includes 2 representatives from each constituency who should liaise with their groups and bring their inputs. while the NCSG membership also give the policy committee input directly like when we have a public statement under consultation.

I get the point...i also hope that the GNSO councillors are either NPOC or NCUC member as it looks like one can sign-up to NCSG and not necessarily be part of NPOC/NCUC which IMO defeats the purpose of having constituencies

<snip> - noted

while if any other group want to reach us , it is much more easier and direct : we have a NCSG chair and committees at the stakeholder group level.

Do you care to clarify difference between stakeholder group and constituency (they seem to be used in a manner that makes it seem its the same in this context)

If someone applies to npoc/ncuc, he or she should automatically become NCSG.

the NCSG charter gives a "standard" criteria for eligibility  and review of application is done by the executive committee formed by representatives of all NCSG constituencies plus the NCSG chair. decision are made by consensus for those application.
as explained above, the constituencies are aligned with the NCSG charter, and so the NCSG eligibility criteria are followed by them too. they can also add other criteria if they think them as relevant and setup their own processes. so a NCSG member may satisfy or not constituencies criterias but s/he still can participate at NCSG level.

if we have several constituencies,  don't you think that 1 interface and single point is less confusing for an applicant. then he can select constituency(s) he wants to join ? and being NCSG first gives him the feeling that he is part of much larger and broader group?

Yes i agree with this 1 interface option, but you will also agree that we don't have that yet; when i joined the NCSG, i actually intend to join the NCUC but then was faced with the NCSG members requirement(and that was how i knew NCSG existed) so i went signing up for that. Funny enough....NCSG membership got processed months before NCUC's[1]. If there is a central application process then whatever extra requirement per consituency can then be incorporated in the single application form and the review done at once [2]

Cheers!
1. I did not even know my NCUC application had been processed until i checked the website, neither was i subscribed on the list (until i signed up myself). This is not to blame anybody but to emphasis the need for more coordinated and centralised system
2. If required, i can be available to work on formulating the application form

Rafik

Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti
web:      http://www.fuoye.edu.ng