From: Rafik Dammak <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2014-10-03 22:10 GMT+09:00
Subject: [Info] NCSG schedule for Los Angeles meeting (11th - 17th October)
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, Maryam Bakoshi <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Everyone,

I am sending here some information regarding the NCSG schedule and activities during Los Angeles ICANN meeting so you can participate effectively either there remotely (remote participation is available). Maryam will keep us updated about those info.,

1- Schedule

NCSG Schedule :

* with the new NCSG calendar where you can find any NCSG related session https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/NCSG+Events+Calendar

* for details/agenda you can check here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsJI0CB4QegidE9GYlNLeWJmZjkzLWl0QWlPOWExOVE&usp=sharing

* the full ICANN meeting schedule here : http://la51.icann.org/en/schedule-full

* GNSO sessions schedule, those links are yet to be populated. Please check the attached document in meantime

Saturday 11th October

Sunday 12th October

2- How to prepare for the meeting

you can prepare by reading some material:

* Reading the attached "GNSO background" briefing which will give summary of the different active GNSO working group and policy processes that will be discussed in LA .

* listening to the ICANN policy update webinar (thanks Joly for the video and sharing the link)  http://youtu.be/59U23FRYDik

* And checking the latest relevant announcement  here: https://www.icann.org/news/announcements

3- Meeting with the board

we have meeting in Tuesday 14th October with the ICANN board and as topics we have this list :

  1. Human Rights considerations at ICANN : e.g. CoE report follow-up
  2. Discussion on outcomes to date from the ATRT2 report : specific concerns about outcomes/non-outcomes
  3. What does multistakeholder bottom-up process mean at ICANN  : i.e. accountability and "trust"
  4. Deep Concern about the EWG Report and the process by which Whois reform is translated into policy

4- Additional Info

please fill the doodle poll if you are going to attend ICANN meeting, it will be a good opportunity to meet there; http://doodle.com/m6u7xnnrygxywhuy

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/2014+ICANN+LA+51+MEETING

Finally if you have any question, please send a message offlist

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Rafik Dammak

NCSG chair