Just a short clarification on the arguments for and against involvement
here. They are not about pragmatic vs. purist, nor about engagement or
non-engagement. They are about strategy and when and where to engage
this questionable WEF NETmunidal Initiative.

  * On the one side Avri is arguing for engagement at the start, with
    hope to "infect" the design of the Initiative without getting
    trapped and co-opted.
  * On the other side are those who would rather see the Initiative
    "walk its talk" and simply start with an open and inclusive strategy
    that supports engagement by all stakeholders.

In either case there is engagement, be that by "stakeholder
representatives" within the Initiative, and/or be that by the wider
stakeholder constituency within the Internet Ecosystem.

Sam L., Chair
NPOC Policy Committee

/