Hi all,

I agree with Ed's suggestion. It is worrying how ICANN may be giving in to
this external pressured in a non-accountable manner. We only knew about
Interpol during the NCPH meeting because Fadi seems to have spoken without
thinking of the consequences. Linking the NMI with this political context,
as a line of containment from these pressures only make the situation more
complex and less transparent.

I also support Amr's suggestion and maybe our angle could be the link
between PI and HR in ICANN context. We certainly should not discuss our
different conceptual understandings on PI and their pertinence in the new
gTLD process before the board. Btw, maybe a concept of PI in the new gTLD
discussions would not be useful, but a a more robust set of characteristics
or a check-list to ensure PI has been observed could be a possible way
forward. I agree with an e-mail sent by Bill before that we need to prepare
more substantial discussions for PI for Buenos Aires.

Best,
Marília

--
*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en