Hello

This week a subgroup of the NETmundial Initiative (NMI) Coordination Committee (including 6 NCUC/SG members) worked on devising a questionnaire to solicit public input on how we could configure the NETmundial Initiative.  It has just gone live at https://www.netmundial.org/community-consultation-terms-reference.  It’d be very helpful if we could get broad civil society engagement in responding to this.  Please do provide your inputs if you have 5-10 minutes and are interested in the question of whether there are issue areas and functions beyond the names and numbers arena within which further multistakeholder coordination could be desirable.  A quick look at the NETmundial Multistakeholder Statement and Ilves Panel report would provide good orientational background.

On a related note, in Singapore, the Cross Community WG on Internet Governance has for the first time taken the lead in organizing the usual Internet Governance Public Session (it used to be entirely staff organized), which will be 11:15 to 12:30 SGT http://singapore52.icann.org/en/schedule/thu-ig.  We will devote a good chunk of the time to discussing the NMI.  I’ll moderate the discussion and we’ll have boot-up comments from Wolfgang Kleinwächter, Marilia Maciel Amb. Janis Karklins (chair of the IGF MAG), Sally Shipman (ISOC) and Ambassador Benedicto Fonseca (Brazil).  There will of course be remote participation.

Cheers

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  Media Change & Innovation Division, IPMZ
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
Chair, Noncommercial Users Constituency,
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org
[log in to unmask] (direct), [log in to unmask] (lists),
  www.williamdrake.org
Internet Governance: The NETmundial Roadmap http://goo.gl/sRR01q