Hi,

Coming back to this thread, there was an expression to see references to the ICANN Board’s decisions on this topic. From what I can tell there was a discussion on the topic of “Category 1 Safeguards for Highly Regulated Strings” on the February 5th meeting of the New gTLD Program Committee (NGPC) of the ICANN Board. It looks like there was no resolution taken during that meeting (https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-new-gtld-2015-02-05-en).

However, there was a reference to that meeting in another meeting that took place on February 12th, in which the NGPC seemed to agree on “staff to continue to move forward with implementation of its 5 February 2014 resolution on the matter”. (https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/prelim-report-new-gtld-2015-02-12-en)

I’m not sure what resolution was being referred to, as the report of the February 5th meeting indicated that there were no resolutions taken.

I’ll provide any updated info I come across.

Thanks.

Amr