Milton,

I purposefully used "product" since the mantra within ICANN is that being a "regulator and coordinator of the global DNS" means that it is not engaged in product production. On the point, as the issues around gTLDs get more intense the old saying "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck" will become increasingly relevant. As for the private nonprofit corporate form insuring that it can transcend national jurisdiction, I leave that to coffee break discussion within the legal profession, but I would not bet the farm on that as insurance protection.

Sam L.