Dear all

I need some clarification regarding  the designators / membership models
that  were introduced to enhance the accountability of ICANN.

I have not looked into the details of these recommendations, I totally
understand that membership is not at individual level but I would very much
like to know how the intake of members by the constituencies work if we
were to choose one of the models or if any other model is proposed.

I am interested in knowing how the membership intake is regulated. Will the
constituencies remain autonomous in selecting their members?  If the intake
is also regulated as it is with associations members then it might well be
subject to the US sanction law that are applied to several countries.
Therefore those located in countries sanctioned by the US cannot become
members ! or it may cost alot.

This might not even be an issue and I might be off track and ignorant about
this but getting an early clarification is better .

Now you might ofcourse say that but the membership has nothing to do with
financial transactions (which it might have sometimes). Please don't get me
started. ISOC has more than once rejected the establishment of an Iran ISOC
chapter with a very generic answer! stating  their great reason: OFAC
doesnt let them ! But ofcourse that is wrong and ISOC can ask OFAC for a
license but they won't bother, there might be other problems as well.
Anyhow, ICANN has been dealing with OFAC very well so far. but I don't know
what will happen in the future. So an answer from someone who knows better
is much appreciated !

--
Farzaneh