Sam
You should be asking ICANN that question, not Kathy. NCUC, with Kathy in the lead, has been noting these kinds of problems for more than 15 years. We’re happy that you and Timothe are starting to notice them, too. But to blame ICANN’s bias towards trademark owners on Kathy or NCUC is incredible.

I remain confused on outcomes here, not on intent. In response to Timothe's posting I referenced the recent decision on the trumpcard.com domain name as an example of how easy it is for a trademark holder, registering the trademark after the fact of the domain name registration, to take the domain name. This was a case of the owner in pursuit of legitimate business interests tied to that name for seven centuries, and operating two years before the trademark was applied for. The trademark was granted in pursuit of something else - selling credit cards. This was not a case of false representation nor of cyber squatting.

Where were the ICANN protections there? What am I missing?