On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 1:47 PM, David Post <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
At 10:38 AM 4/26/2015, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
[SNIP]  SO:
In the current configuration, PTI is not in the position to issue RFP, it's rather the parent (ICANN) that is in the position to issue RFP based on the recommendation of IRF team/possible escalation from CSC. The later which is not yet very clear. So PTI is basically entering the current shoes of ICANN and ICANN will be entering the shoes of NTIA post-transition

And this may be a dumb question, but just to clarify ... if ICANN enters the shoes of NTIA (the current contract "Administrator"), and PTI enters the shoes of ICANN (the current "IANA Functions Operator"), I assume there will also be someone stepping into the shoes of VeriSign (the "Maintainer") that will have a contract with both ICANN and PTI - is that corect?

Yes that is correct. However it is not clear how the VeriSign "shoe wearing" will look like as that particular aspect is out-of-scope for the CWG;  NTIA indicated there is/will be another process to address that (its not clear what that process will look like). The CWG proposal made it clear that whenever that shoe changing needs to be done, it should be determined by the multistakeholder community. Maintaining the current separation between the maintainer and operator was proposed. The relationship between the admin and the maintainer post transition is what is yet to be determined.

Secondly i hope by ICANN you know it does not mean ICANN staff/board alone. It meant the entire community including ICANN staff/board

Cheers!
PS: Member of the CWG-stewardship but speaking on my personal capacity

David

*******************************
David G Post - Senior Fellow, Open Technology Institute/New America Foundation
blog (Volokh Conspiracy) http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-post
book (Jefferson's Moose)  http://tinyurl.com/c327w2n
music http://tinyurl.com/davidpostmusic publications etc.  http://www.davidpost.com

Seun Ojedeji,