On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 6:26 PM, Milton L Mueller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If there is separability, then the moment IANA stops doing what it is
> supposed to do one can fire the operator and find someone who will conform
> to the contract and implement the community-based policies.

​You mean ICANN? Or am I missing something?

​
​CW's point is that, if separate, what's to stop anyone with a billion
dollars ​hijacking it for their own agenda?  Presumably the ICANN board is
assumed to be harder to hijack because of established accountability checks
and balances. Why duplicate all that?  Just asking.

Also, why is the IAB not a good candidate?

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
-