All

Thanks, Rafik, for the pointer to the paper ... Just by way of background, this paper probably doesn't have a great deal of information that the folks on this list are unfamiliar with.  Its target audience is most definitely that large group of people who are (a) interested in Internet law and policy, but who are (b) not technically oriented, and (b) know nothing or next-to-nothing about ICANN or IANA or the DNS.  We thought there was a gap in the existing writings on the subject, and the hope is that we've given them enough background, in a clear enough way, so that they can understand just what is going on with the IANA transition, and why it matters as much as we think it does for the Internet going forward --

Needless to say, please feel free to re-circulate to anyone you think might find it useful - even your local Congressperson!

There will be a second piece coming out shortly that will dive more deeply into the specifics of the various proposals now under consideration, with particular attention on the "accountability" discussions -

Regards,
David