Effective international court is a very nice concept but international
courts and tribunals have always been a soft law mechanism with no real
judicial power. so we will go back to square one! I don't understand why we
would need an international oversight if we can legally hold ICANN (the
rule making part of ICANN) accountable in the court of law in the US ? some
may say there are accessibility issues, well accessibility issues also
exist in international mechanisms! In some international courts only states
can file suits against states. I find the Independent Review Panel more
effective than an international court !

--
Farzaneh