I apologize for repeating the pleas to sign on to a petition to save privacy proxy services, but we are still actively recruiting your help.  As you may recall, we sent the notice listed below a while ago but I repeat it again in hopes more of you will respond.
An exciting new development has spontaneously occurred...one of the registrars who is not involved with the savedomainprivacy.org campaign has emailed all their customers, apparently with a form to generate a comment to ICANN.  We are following, with some delight I must say, the results of this on the ICANN comments site http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-ppsai-initial-05may15/.  As I write, the total of signed comments is up to 9257, and this is without the results of the savedomainprivacy petition.  We are hoping to make this the biggest comment total ever , aiming to surpass 14,000.  Please consider adding your plea to protect privacy proxy services.
Kind regards,
Stephanie Perrin
I wanted to draw to your attention, an proceeding that is taking place at ICANN, on an important Internet governance issue.  A working group on the accreditation of privacy proxy services, which many endangered groups and political/social dissidents use to protect their identities from disclosure on WHOIS, has been meeting for a year and a half.  Their initial report is up for comments until July 7.  The civil society groups who have been actively trying to protect these services from any requirements that would price them out of existence, or make many organizations ineligible to use them, would appreciate the support of human rights groups and privacy advocates everywhere.  There are two easy ways to do this:

Briefing Paper

The first is a briefing paper prepared by 3 members of the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group,  to give an overview of some of the issues and concerns that we feel are still present and need some further work. You can find our briefing attached and we welcome any feedback, suggestions or comments.

Savedomainprivacy.org

A website has also been setup by a number of other stakeholders in this process at www.savedomainprivacy.org. Members of the public and interested parties can sign onto a petition to protect the ability of registrants to keep their personal information private.

I would urge everyone to have a look at both pieces of info and please feel free to contact me or any of the other authors if you or your organization want further information, or to help you submit your own comments during the Public Comments period which will be ending on July 7th 2015.

Stephanie Perrin