Forwarding this as it will be of interest to many.

-James

From: InternetPolicy [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James Gannon
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 1:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask] Isoc. Org
Subject: [Internet Policy] Privacy and Proxy Services - Save Domain Privacy

Hi Everyone,

Some changes are afoot in the world of domain privacy and proxy services, the work of the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues WG (PPSAI) in ICANN is currently out for public comment. There has been a large amount of work put in by everyone involved and there are a number of areas that some of the working group has concerns about. We would urge everyone to have a look at two pieces of information that have been launched recently:

Briefing Paper
The first is a briefing paper prepared by 3 members of the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group, myself included, who have been on the WG, to give an overview of some of the issues and concerns that we feel are still present and need some further work. You can find our briefing attached and we welcome and feedback, suggestions or comments.

Savedomainprivacy.org
A website has also been setup by a number of other stakeholders in this process, it can be found at www.savedomainprivacy.org<http://www.savedomainprivacy.org> the site gives a good brief overview and allows members of the public and interested parties to sign onto a petition to protect the ability of registrants to keep their personal information private.

I would urge everyone to have a look at both pieces of info and please feel free to contact myself or any of the other authors if you or your organization wants further information or to help you submit your own comments during the Public Comments period which will be ending on July 7th 2015.

Yours,

James Gannon
Director
Cyber Invasion Ltd
Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland
Office: +353 (1)663-8787
Cell: +353 (86)175-3581
Email:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]:%20Email%20Signature>
GPG: https://keybase.io/jayg