From my opinion, GIGA, actually means the same issue as NMI. Some Chinese media use a different translation.

Jia

On Jul 4, 2015, at 01:18, Milton L Mueller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

A useful compilation, thanks.

I wonder whether anyone else is as confused as I am about the relationship between these two things: GIGA is described as ICANN, CGI.BR, and World Economic Forum, which sounds suspiciously similar to NETmundial initiative. Has NETmundial been rebranded as GIGA? Or have the supporters of NMI done an end-run around their community and set up a separate structure where they can make the decisions?

NETMUNDIAL

NETmundial Initiative Charts Path to Better Web Governance at Brazil Meeting
http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=2391442&CategoryId=14090

GLOBAL INTERNET GOVERNANCE ALLIANCE

China's role highlighted at global Internet governance meeting
http://www.globalpost.com/article/6600936/2015/07/01/chinas-role-highlighted-global-internet-governance-meeting

Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba, elected co-chairman of Global Internet Governance Alliance
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2015-07/01/c_134373596.htm