+1 for Marilia Maciel....I have observed her contributions from my vantage point on the periphery.

Patrick Lenihan

---- Original Message ----
From: Milan, Stefania <[log in to unmask]>
To: NCSG-DISCUSS <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed, Aug 12, 2015 11:46 am
Subject: Nomination of Marilia Maciel for the GNSO Council

Dear NCSGers

I would hereby like to nominate Marilia for one of the NCSG in
the GNSO Council.

Marilia is an academic and an advocate of absolute
standing. A member of the GNSO Council for the past year, she has been the
principle advocate for human rights on the Council, showing dedication and
diplomatic abilities. A Brazilian national with a global outlook, she has
experience both in the fields of Internet Governance and intellectual property.
With the CCWG likely to add a commitment by ICANN to respect human rights to the
bylaws as part of the transition, Marilia's expertise will prove essential to
the Council as it incorporates human rights principles in it's work.

I am
confident the community will be thrilled at having Marilia on board for another
year!
Best, Stefania

----------------------
Stefania Milan, PhD
University
of Amsterdam || mediastudies.nl || Data J Lab || datajlab.nl ||
Internet Policy
Observatory || Annenberg School for Communication, U Penn || globalnetpolicy.org
Center for Media and Communication Studies, Central European University ||
www.cmcs.ceu.hu ||
International Association for Media and Communication
Research - International Council member and Co-Chair, Communication Policy Task
Force || www.iamcr.org ||
Executive Committee, Non-Commercial User
Constituency, ICANN
mobile: [31] 62 7875 425 (NL) || [1] 647 - 973 - 6533 (CA)
|| [+39] 333 - 2309945 (I)
stefaniamilan.net || @annliffey

fingerprint: 7606
4526 3D24 20B2 C850  EA42 A497 CB70 04B5 A3B

The information transmitted is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender.
If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.