Thank you Rafik and colleagues-

I am very pleased to be a part of NCSG.  This is my first engagement with
ICANN activities, and I am looking forward to becoming familiar with the
work and people involved.  The various debates on the list are helping me
to understand the issues and culture of the group.

Sincerely, Jason

> >> On 15 Sep 2015, at 13:42, Rafik Dammak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi everyone.
> >>
> >> I am glad to welcome in the NCSG list  our new individual members who
> >> were  approved by the NCSG EC.
> >>
> >> They were successfully added to this mailing list and so able to read
> >> this welcoming and follow the discussions.
> >>
> >> I am happy as NCSG chair, to support new and existing members in order
> >> let them be fully involved and participate in our policy discussion and
> for
> >> that I am ready to respond to your questions with the help of other
> >> experienced members and officers.  I had mail exchange and even skype
> calls
> >> for those who asked, so please feel free to contact me if you want more
> >> information or asking for clarifications.
> >>
> >> There are opportunities to learn about policy development : with the
> >> quarterly GNSO Working Group newcomers Webinar, for which the schedule
> >> will be shared in due time.  We also have our monthly confcall soon and
> the
> >> next will be in 22nd September, more details to be sent later.
> >>
> >> A lot of public comments
> >> <https://www.icann.org/public-comments#open-public> and important
> >> reports to cover (priority-wise)  and much more in the coming weeks. For
> >> example you can read out latest comments from NCSG here
> >> <https://community.icann.org/x/pCTRAg> , in particular about ICANN
> >> accountability proposal http://goo.gl/xqUxHC . you can also check the
> >> recordings of NCSG confcalls https://community.icann.org/x/Ah7xAg .
> >>

> >> Some information, you should keep somewhere:
> >>
> >>    - While a lot discussion happen here, there are several information
> >>    in our wikispace which is updated regularly, please check here
> >>    <https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/NCSG-Wiki+Home>
> or
> >>    more easy to remember ncsg.is  . Navigating there will
> >>    give flavour of what we did and are doing.
> >>

> >>    - In particular if you want some info on how to participate in
> >>    working groups and NCSG , please follow the announcements shared
> here and
> >>    be in touch with the Policy committee chair and me  . Also please
> check
> >>    those  links too:
> >>    - Some tips to  *
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/How+To+Get+Involved
> >>       <
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/How+To+Get+Involved>*
> >>       - List of working groups and members involved
> >>
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Getting+Involved+in+Working+Groups
> >>
> >>       - Policy comments and statements here:
> >>
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Policy+Development
> >>
> >>       - Recordings and transcripts of latest meetings: *
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Meetings+Record
> >>       <
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Meetings+Record>*
> [...]

*Jason A. Laker, Ph.D.*

*Professor, Department of Counselor Education & Ed.D. Program in
Educational Leadership*
*Chair, Board of Academic Freedom and Professional Responsibility*

San José State University
O: 408-924-3654  F: 408-924-4137
One Washington Square, Sweeney Hall 404
San José, CA  95192-0073

*Affiliated Research Faculty, Center for Research and Education on
<http://cregs.sfsu.edu/>*
*Ge**nder and Sexuality* <http://cregs.sfsu.edu/>
San Francisco State University
*Co-Investigator, Sexual Coercion and Violence in College: Reforming
Policies and Practices for Consent Education and Personal Agency*
*Series Editor, Palgrave Studies in Global Citizenship Education and
Democracy
<http://www.palgrave.com/series/palgrave-studies%20in%20global%20citizenship%20education%20and%20democracy/GCED/>*
www.jasonlaker.com

*Optimism is the foundation of courage. * -Nicholas M. Butler

*"Although difficult in a policy environment in which extraneous concerns
routinely displace properly educational ones, it is imperative—in our time
of rapid transformational change—that we keep the debate alive about
educational values and related issues of what constitutes a good life and a
just society.”*    Rosa Bruno-Jofre
 *"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."  -Horace
Traubel*