Hi folks,
I am taking the liberty of forwarding to you a section of the latest email to the Privacy Proxy Services Working group, from our staffer Mary Wong.  We have a new group advising the GAC, called the Public Safety WOrking Group.  They have belatedly filed comments on the first report of the PPSAI.  If members of the group have any particularly fresh insights into that hardy perennial, LEA access without use of MLATs, it would be much appreciated if you could get in touch.  I think our group in NCSG is agreed that it is not in support of some of these comments, notably the direction to accept requests from foreign law enforcement, and the instruction to distinguish between commercial and non-commercial sites.  I am not a lawyer but I view both as highly problematic, the first from a constitutional rights and due process perspective, and the second because I view the analysis of the use of the domain as outside ICANN's remit.  I would love help with the arguments
Kind regards,
Stephanie Perrin

Please note also that the Public Safety Working Group, a working group within the GAC, has prepared comments on our Initial Report. The PSWG comments can be found here: https://gacweb.icann.org/download/attachments/27132037/PSWG%2BGAC%20comments%20proxy%20privacy%20accreditation%20issues%5B1%5D.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1442394018112&api=v2