Hi Everyone,

I am re-sending here the information regarding the NCSG schedule and
activities during Dublin ICANN meeting so you can participate effectively
either there  or remotely (remote participation is available).  We are just
less than 1 week away from the meeting  which starts this Saturday with
GNSO activities.

Maryam will keep us updated about those info and reminders (invitations)
should be sent soon with all details about the meeting and in particular
for remote participation. There may be some changes in Dublin Schedule to
add more sessions focused on ICANN accountability discussions.

if people are interested, we can setup a skype channel to use during Dublin
meeting where we can share info, tips , discuss and so on (if you want to
join please contact me offlist). In addition to that, info will be shared
via our twitter account @NCSG_ICANN and wiki space ncsg.is .

*1- Schedule*

* the full ICANN meeting schedule here :
http://dublin54.icann.org/en/schedule-full

* for details/agenda  you can check here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HLVVM-kT6r5H-WfgBfViRVKHZw9y9mXe_NHYZyP1aAo/edit#gid=0

* with the new NCSG calendar where you can find any NCSG related sessions
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/NCSG+Events+Calendar

* For GNSO sessions schedule you can check the attached document , there
are also those links in particular for the GNSO weekend working sessions

Saturday 17th Oct

http://dublin54.icann.org/en/schedule/sat-gnso-working

Sunday 18th Oct

http://dublin54.icann.org/en/schedule/sat-gnso-working

*2- Highlights*

This ICANN meeting is quite important because the discussion will be
focused on the  discussion about ICANN accountability which should take
most of the bandwidth there with several workin sessions.

Other topics would be :

- new gTLD program review and preparation for subsequent rounds

- Public sessions on Internet Governance, ICANN & human rights.

- Whois discussion

*3- How to prepare for the meeting*

you can prepare by reading some material:

* Reading the  "GNSO background" briefing which will give summary of the
different active GNSO working group and policy processes that will be
discussed in Dublin. You can find it here
http://gnso.icann.org/en/correspondence/background-briefing-08oct15-en.pdf and
here  http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/background-briefings  . Several
members asked about getting some briefing about working groups in order to
join them, the background briefing is the appropriate document for that.

   1. list of ongoing processes in GNSO and their status is here:
   http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/projects-list.pdf
   2. GNSO policy activities: http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/policy

* listening to the ICANN policy update webinar (
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-09-17-en) to get the latest
information about all policies within ICANN (not just for GNSO): you can
find the info about the webinar and the recordings here
*https://community.icann.org/display/soaceabout/Pre-ICANN+54+Policy+Update+Webinar
<https://community.icann.org/display/soaceabout/Pre-ICANN+53+Policy+Update+Webinar>*

* And checking the latest relevant announcement  here:
https://www.icann.org/news/announcements also ICANN blog, blog.icann.org

Several reports and studies were published lately like this and this

* During the meeting, while you can participate in situ or remotely it will
be efficient to list which sessions you would like to join , having in mind
that for many you can check the recordings later  which availability may
differ (mp3 recordings and/or adobe connect and/or transcripts)

*3- Meeting with the board*

we have meeting in Wednesday 21st Oct with the ICANN board and as tentative
 topics list :

- Developing countries and DNS industry

- ICANN and HR

- Public Interest

*4- Additional Info*

please fill the doodle poll if you are going to attend ICANN meeting, it
will be a good opportunity to meet there:
http://doodle.com/poll/5umpi4cf2r2ue2dy

Finally if you have any question, please send a message offlist.

Invites will be sent soon, also reminders and highlights during the Dublin
meeting.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Rafik Dammak