All,

Mea Culpa.
I cleared up my own confusion here. This IS about a registrar insurance
waiver
/Foggy brain/ is a hazard from staying up all night working to meet a
deadline.
Sam L.

On 01/10/2015 11:44 AM, Sam Lanfranco wrote:
> All,
> A flash of ICANN Board sanity here. Great!  If my memory serves me
> right, there may be a second related step necessary on the insurance
> front. I believe it is correct to say that ICANN also imposes an
> insurance requirement on contracts between Registrars and Registries.
> Correct me if I am wrong but as I recall, African Registries have also
> complained that the nature of the insurance condition, as written in
> the contracts, is also very burdensome.
> Am I right...or wrong?
> Sam L.
>
> On 01/10/2015 11:33 AM, Rafik Dammak wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Related to the discussion about developing economies and gTLD, ICANN
>> board just voted this resolution waiving the registrar insurance
>> requirement which represents a barrier in many developing countries
>> https://www.icann.org/news/blog/icann-waives-registrar-insurance-requirement-levels-playing-field-for-registrars-globally
>>
>> Rafik

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: [log in to unmask]   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852