Sorry. I do need to explain. Sticky means that there are heavy switching costs in domain name registrations. So if I register a domain name under, say, .COM and invest a lot of time, money and effort in establishing an online presence using that domain, and then a new TLD comes along in my country, and can't just flick a switch and move my online identity to the new TLD, even if I like it better. So first mover advantages are very, very important in this market.

--MM

________________________________
From: Mawaki <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2015 2:58 AM
To: Mueller, Milton L
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [NCSG-Discuss] [ICANN meeting] reminder about NCSG-board meeting topics

Milton,

On Oct 2, 2015, at 8:46 PM, "Mueller, Milton L" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

The real problem is that incumbent operators in North America are grabbing most of this sticky market because TLD operators from the developing world are excluded by the massive entry barriers created by ICANN. It's not transference, its entry barriers.

I wonder what you mean here by "sticky market," in case this refers to a concept that escapes me.

Thanks.