We try to justify a lot of things in the name of end user(consumer) while
on the long run its not the end user that is benefiting significantly, it's
rather other folks at the upper layer. If some people believe that going
after such territorial TLD is the only way they can succeed and make a
difference then they should be ready to defend their case themselves and
not be surprised when another entity comes fighting for the same TLD.

Unfortunately when these happen, it puts the poor end user in a
confused/helpless state of thinking the url matters more even though all
he/she initially cared about is the content on the device referenced by the
url.

Ensuring some order/predictability in the names world would seem to be
evident of us being in control and not being a servant as you seem to
imply.

All from me for now.

Thanks