However, the "No transition" option is an option that is comparatively
less palatable for other stakeholders than for us, one stakeholder of
which being the Board/staff. It cannot be seen to be the one preventing
a transition. So you should lean towards more of a hard line stance imho.

For us, there is no danger of a status quo, imho. NTIA's stance on the
matter is good for the long term, and would the process falter that they
would come back for a second try later.