Hi all,
I do agree with Niels. We are supposed to be a "vocal" point on HR but
without a broader engagement of the community and a proper and constructive
communications with ICANN staff and ICANN board our "voices" will be
marginalised. Many misunderstanding during the HR fights CCWG could have
been avoided if there were a proper communication with the board (no, I am
not a stupid optimist, this is reality, it took time to convince the board
but we made it. We could have made it earlier if there were a proper
engagement).
One of the priorities for addressing human rights issues in WS2 will be, in
my opinion, to establish the constructive dialogue with the ICANN
board/stuff as early as possible to avoid the last-minute fights and
unhappy compromises.
Cheers
Tanya