Firstly, it's noted that the ICANN Board will “determine at a later date whether to continue any funding [towards the NMI] beyond June 30th. Chehade also announced his resignation from the NMI Coordination Council effective March 13, 2016.” I'm not sure if he resigned in his capacity as departing CEO of ICANN (in which case Göran Marby will take his seat on the NMI CC) or if ICANN is removing itself from a leadership role in the initiative? If it is the latter, I find this unfortunate.

MM: Why? I would welcome ICANN’s withdrawal from this initiative, which is outside its proper scope and mission.

Dr. Milton L. Mueller

Professor, School of Public Policy

Georgia Institute of Technology