Milton:
“completely irrelevant”????  Since ICANN, for whatever reason was involved deeply with NMI, I think discussion of how (or whether) to further build on that
initiative is well within a “non commercial users constituency” universe. I brought up NMI in the big thread because of the discussion of increasing
participation. If that can happen in a way that brings more diverse voices, that is important.   I thought that the Net Mundial event did wonders-- it was very
effective in facilitating a global dialogue. (I have been part of several similar such events which basically didn’t work at all.)
t was unable to afford the trip to Brazil, but was very appreciative of hearing the various constituencies in what seemed like an authentic
exchange.
If we see the ICANN structure as a unique “stakeholder” model, we need to discuss ways to make our participation more than just being tokens.
We need to actively struggle for accountability and transparency. Can technology be a tool that enables our constituency to participate?

DeeDee