Dear Chair,

I believe that realizing human rights is the essential first step to
building just societies. When people are empowered to pursue their own
destinies and have a voice in shaping solutions to problems they
experience, they are better equipped to overcome poverty, live with dignity
and transform the lives of others.

“Millions of people are suffering enormously at the hands of states, while
governments are shamelessly painting the protection of human rights as a
threat to security, law and order or national ‘values.'"

There is an insidious and creeping trend undermining human rights which has
come from governments deliberately attacking, under funding or neglecting
institutions that have been set up to help protect our rights.

“Not only are our rights under threat, so are the laws and the system that
protect them. More than 70 years of hard work and human progress lies at
risk,”

The United Nations’ human rights bodies, the International Criminal Court,
and regional mechanisms such as the Council of Europe and the Inter
American Human Rights system, are being undermined by governments
attempting to evade oversight of their domestic records.

As I speak Amnesty internternal has stated in their 2015 – 2016  that
governments
are  broken international law in their national contexts: more than 98
states tortured or otherwise ill-treated people and 30 or more illegally
forced people to do things agains their will where they would be in danger.
In at least 18 countries, war crimes or other violations of the “laws of
war” were committed by governments or armed groups.

They have warn of a worrying trend among governments increasingly targeting
and attacking activists, lawyers and others who work to defend human rights.

“Instead of recognizing the crucial role these people play in society, many
governments have deliberately set out to strangle criticism in their
country. They have broken their own laws in their crackdowns against
citizens,”

My question now is:

1.   Is there any charter of human right and principles for the internet?
If yes I will like to be educated and if no is there any plans of coming
out with a charter?

3.   How do you coordinate with amnesty international, Interpol and the
like  in relation to human right?

Cheers