Thank you for the clarification, Paul. I now understand the choice of terminology.

Ayden

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Paul Rosenzweig <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Well … ICANN is a private (albeit non-profit) organization.  Terminating the NTIA contract removes the last vestige of public (i.e. governmental) control.  Perhaps it is just an American linguistic phrase but it is not inaccurate from the US legal perspective ….

Paul

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Ayden Férdeline
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: US Congress Hearing on “Privatizing IANA” - Thursday, March 17 (Live Video Feed Available)

We are “privatising” the IANA functions?

Ayden

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The US congress hearing on privatizing IANA is taking place TODAY at
10:15 am EDT, or 1415 UTC, with live video feed:

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20160316_us_congress_hearing_on_privatizing_iana_march_17_live_feed/

Here's direct link to the live video feed:

http://livestream.com/internetsociety/iana

--
Tapani Tarvainen

Ayden Férdeline