Hi Karel,

While that concern was raised, my understanding is that it was not carried forward into the recommendations. The Working Group did not recommend moving most of the Caribbean region from the ICANN silo of Latin America to North America because it feared the two regions would be split on geographical and linguistic lines (I would suggest they already are…), among other reasons of “practicality”. It does, however, have provisions in place to allow a country's government to voluntarily request to move to another region. The procedures around how this would happen have not yet been developed by Staff.

I welcome any comments or suggestions you might have for our statement, and I look forward to reading your additions.

Best wishes,

Ayden