Thanks Ayden and Tracy,

The ARIN - LACNIC spilt is peculiar  ( correct me if Im wrong but) some
Caribbean territories belong ARIN and others to LACNIC. I am not sure what
methodology they used to make the assignments

There are different models eg CONCACAF ( the football federation) is
another example of a regional grouping that includes North America ,
central America and the Caribbean.

Because of the way the region was colonised it is not a homogeneous region
- cultures , languages etc vary. However as a region many territories
identify with (Anglophone countries) ie North America as opposed to Latin
America. Hence there may be a better fit with North America USA / Canada).

As indicated I will attempt to review the comments and add my perspective.

regards

Karel