Thanks Milton,

This topic underscores my concerns arising out of my first ICANN meeting
where I attended a LAC meeting. I was surprised to note that there was no
meaningful Caribbean voice / representation at that meeting. I recognised
then and there that there were significant differences in the "LA" and "C".
Despite being in the same region there are major differences that transcend
language and culture. And this was reflected at the meeting.

I understand that this is also an issue in the ALAC.

The Caribbean seems to overshadowed by the large LA countries and as a
result is marginalised in such meetings. Despite being several territories
the activities and interests of the LAC seem to be focused primarily on the
LA part of the LAC.

I can only speak for myself but it would appear that we share more
commonalities with the "North American" region than the LA region.

regards

Karel