I am simply urging that labels be used to clarify that this is a Working Party, and either always use "subgroup" or something like "hrWPgroupX" .

I also wonder if calling something a "PDP" within this might also be confusing since there is a formal meaning for a PDP process within ICANN. I am just raising early questions concerning clarity in the hopes of minimizing downstream confusion.

Sam

On 7 April 2016 at 14:59, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

(deleted)

The aim of this group is in two parts : 1. to create awareness about the various ways in which ICANN is impacting human rights, and 2. to visualise, document and map cases for the same.

----- On Apr 7, 2016, at 2:31 PM, Aarti Bhavana via cc-humanrights-research <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,
I'm a little confused about the division between groups. I thought the research subgroup will be working on topics that aren't bound by any ongoing policy process or timeline, in order to give the group more research freedom. Wouldn't topics 3 and 4 be dealt with by the PDP subgroup? If not, what will the PDP subgroup be doing?

Best,
Aarti

On 2016-04-07 9:27 AM, Niels ten Oever wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hi Sam,

Am not sure where you saw a reference to the CCWP as a WG. The CCWP has
three Sub Groups (1. ICANN and human rights research, 2. human rights in
ws2 and 3. human rights in PDPs), as also documented on the wiki:

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Subgroups

Hope this creates a bit more clarity.

All the best,

Niels