Hi,

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Edward Morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
HI McTim,

Although I might be surprised, I doubt the NCSG will have a consensus on an approach to the transition.

I strongly support the Heritage approach to the transition. It should be noted that Brett made it very clear that he supports the transition. I believe the words he used, words that seem to have confused a few people here, were "I support the transition".  It's just that his position, IMHO, takes a far more mature, sophisticated and nuanced approach to the matter than the speed racer approach  espoused during the Senate hearing by our commercial colleagues.

From the perspective of the noncommercial commiunity, the soft graduated transition is the better option for two very specific reasons:

1. In creating an accountable ICANN we reinvented the corporation.

We didn't, it is just tinkering around the edges.

Our new corporate model is untried, untested and is a completely new construction without precedent.

As was ICANN in the earliest days.

Many of us in the NCSG preferred a membership model based upon California statute that had greater certainty. Our views were rejected. I don't know if the model we have created will actually work as intended. No one does. This was so rushed

In fact is has been delayed for many years....not "rushed".

There is a letter circulating amongst CS folks supporting the transition, does anyone have the link to that?

--
Cheers,

McTim
"A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route indicates how we get there."  Jon Postel