Thanks for sharing this, James.
I'm a little surprised that Strickling would note on the record, even if true,
that “we don’t provide any oversight of the policy judgments that ICANN and the
multistakeholder community make”. If I was on the Senate Committee, I might
wonder just what the NTIA had been doing and why they were traveling around the
world on the taxpayers' dime if they have no sway?
That being said, Strickling did offer a brilliant and succinct explanation of
why the transition not proceeding would harm Internet freedom. Good to be
reminded of why the transition matters.
Ayden