Thanks Edwards for this concrete work showing again quality in our group.Mamadou

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.<div>
Hello everybody,

 Perhaps the most important public comment opportunity every year is our chance to post a comment on ICANN's budget and operating plan. This is our chance as representatives of the noncommercial community to ask for different spending priorities to be made, to question any and all aspects of ICANN's operations and to express our views on the functioning of  ICANN the corporation.

  The comment period for the fiscal year 2017 budget and operating plan ended last night. You can read the proposed budget and operating plan and all the comments received here: https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy17-five-year-2016-03-05-en .

 The NCSG was heavily involved in preparing the GNSO Council's comments on the budget. The Council set up a small group consisting of Carlos Raúl Gutierrez of NPOC/NCSG, Keith Drazek of Versisgn and myself to draft the comment of the GNSO Council. I've attached the result of our work,  which was submitted earlier today.

 As the community obtains veto power over ICANN's budget through the corporate reorganisation currently underway, it will be imperative that our stakeholder group be proactive in monitoring and participating in the budget process. I look forward to working with those NCSG members with interest in this area going forward as we meet our obligations to our members and the wider ICANN community in ensuring that  ICANN corporate operationally functions in the way the community has directed it to.

 I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone in the NCSG has on this years budget and operating plan, the Council response or on the budget process in general.

 Kind Regards,

 Ed Morris