Hi

Thanks Shane.  I’m familiar with the rule.  We don’t use it in the IGF, for various reasons, at least not since the early tense days of the MAG.

Bill

> On Jun 3, 2016, at 12:13, Shane Kerr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> William,
>
> At 2016-06-03 11:13:55 +0200
> William Drake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>> On Jun 3, 2016, at 02:06, avri doria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Chatham House style (content w/o attribution)
>>
>> In true bottom up transparent community driven IGF fashion….not.
>
> To be honest, that doesn't seem too horrible. The Chatham House rule is
> there for a reason:
>
>    Q. What are the benefits of using the Rule?
>
>    A. It allows people to speak as individuals, and to express views
>    that may not be those of their organizations, and therefore it
>    encourages free discussion. People usually feel more relaxed if
>    they don't have to worry about their reputation or the implications
>    if they are publicly quoted.
>
> https://www.chathamhouse.org/about/chatham-house-rule
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Shane - speaking only for myself  ;)

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
[log in to unmask] (direct), [log in to unmask] (lists),
  www.williamdrake.org
The Working Group on Internet Governance - 10th Anniversary Reflections
New book at http://amzn.to/22hWZxC