Hi

Thanks Shane.  I’m familiar with the rule.  We don’t use it in the IGF, for various reasons, at least not since the early tense days of the MAG.

Bill

On Jun 3, 2016, at 12:13, Shane Kerr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

William,

At 2016-06-03 11:13:55 +0200
William Drake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Jun 3, 2016, at 02:06, avri doria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Chatham House style (content w/o attribution)

In true bottom up transparent community driven IGF fashion….not.

To be honest, that doesn't seem too horrible. The Chatham House rule is
there for a reason:

   Q. What are the benefits of using the Rule?

   A. It allows people to speak as individuals, and to express views
   that may not be those of their organizations, and therefore it
   encourages free discussion. People usually feel more relaxed if
   they don't have to worry about their reputation or the implications
   if they are publicly quoted.

https://www.chathamhouse.org/about/chatham-house-rule

Cheers,

--
Shane - speaking only for myself  ;)

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  Media Change & Innovation Division, IPMZ
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
[log in to unmask] (direct), [log in to unmask] (lists),
  www.williamdrake.org
The Working Group on Internet Governance - 10th Anniversary Reflections
New book at http://amzn.to/22hWZxC