Hi Shane,​
I certainly did not mean to imply that we are not members of the ICANN
community, because ICANN is a community-driven organisation, but our
responsibilities as community members are different to those of staff or of the
Board.
In the context of this conversation, I was referring to the concrete steps that
ICANN as an organisation (which I see primarily as an administrative function,
facilitating meetings in a safe manner, organising working groups and supporting
the Board, among other tasks) had taken in addressing the concerns raised
initially by ICANN the community (which, of course, includes us, where we
perform activities on a voluntary basis and form decisions by consensus) during
ICANN 55 and after the meeting in various listservs, as requested by the Board.
So clearly we've led the process, staff have helped where appropriate, and the
Board has supported the community.
In my view, ICANN as an organisation has been very responsive to the concerns
raised by ICANN the community where we expected staff or Board action. That is
why I suggested that in our response to this consultation activity that we
praise the Board in the strongest terms for making, as a matter of priority,
revisions to the Expected Standards of Behaviour, but ask that we be given more
time as a community to think about what changes we really want to see.
Does this offer more clarity around my remarks? I'm happy to dialogue further
off-list if some confusion remains.

Best wishes,
Ayden