FWIW, if end user is to be represented in this context it will be At-Large
and as some CWG members may recall that yours truly actually made that
comment in the past and was not successful (based on reasons shared by
James ), so i don't see why it would be now.

Cheers!

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM, James Gannon <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I agree with your comments.
> With one caveat, the composition of the RZERC is set out in the CWG/ICG
> Proposal, in Paragraph 1165
>
> The Board shall grant approval on the recommendation of a standing
> committee with a proposed membership of: an ICANN Board member (possibly as
> Chair), a senior IANA Functions Operator administrator or delegate, and
> Chairs or delegates of the SSAC, RSSAC, ASO and IETF, a representative of
> the GNSO RySG, a representative of the ccNSO and a representative of the
> Root Zone Maintainer. The standing committee will select its chair. The
> RySG and ccNSO representatives will ensure appropriate communications with
> the CSC.
>

>  I think we would be more likely to get a spot on it post implementation
> as I cannot see the composition being changed at this time, might not hurt
> to mention it in the comment but unlikely to go anywhere.
>
> -James
>
> From: NCSG-Discuss <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of "Mueller,
> Milton L" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Thursday 7 July 2016 at 15:06
> To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: RZERC charter - comment?
>
> Marilia and member of NCSG and the policy committee:
>

> Here are my proposed comments. I think it would be much more effective if
> these comments were filed timely by NCSG rather than by me as an
> individual. Therefore I will refrain from filing them. If NCSG runs into a
> snag and is unable to do so, please warn me and I will file them
> individually.
>

> ====
>
> Comments of the NCSG on the Draft RZERC Charter
>

> The RZERC is a consultative committee with powers to
>
>  - Propose architectural and operational changes to the DNS root zone (RZ).
>
> - Engage expertise and conduct community consultations on RZ Evolution
>  issues
>
> - Consult with ICANN in the development of an RFP for RZ maintainer, and
> help evaluate proposals if needed
>
> - Initiate a public consultation process on operational and architectural
> changes that might impose potential risk to the security, stability, or
> resiliency of the root system
>

> With the exception of 2 minor changes, we approve of the purpose, scope
> and composition of the committee. The two changes are:
>

> 1) For the sake of clarity, and to avoid mission creep in the future, all
> references to the "root zone" should be modified to say "DNS root zone."
>

> 2) The composition of the RZERC excludes end users. We recommend the
> addition of one representative from the NCPH of the GNSO.

<http://goog_1872880453>[log in to unmask]

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!