Hi all,

I decided not to write in the long thread of messages related to the
current situation with the ballot.

What makes me really astounded is the broader context of this discussion.
While many members of this stakeholder group are fighting for transparency,
accountability and fair processes in different working group at the ICANN,
it strikes me what kind of comments about democracy I see here on the list
from the NCSG leadership. "Symbolic elections"? Where all the legitimacy
and fairness of the processes have gone? How I personally can define the
set values of this stakeholder group, the values I (and many others) am
supposed to stand for?
I agree with Dave, who pointed out that even the notion of "symbolic"
election is a bad idea. And no, it's not about not having enough people
running for the seats. It's about not being able to vote against any of
them.

I am not talking about this particular elections - I wish all our
candidates good luck and hope they won't get NOTA votes. I am talking about
the broader context, about the comments I have never thought I will see on
the list of the group that is supposed to stand for fairness and due
processes.

And this is all very sad.

Warm regards
Tanya